ABCD and/or its principles are actively involved in Jordanian and
Arab society through a variety of projects, programs and associations.
ABCD invests in these activities in the belief that cooperative
social work on the local, regional and international level are necessary
to understand the economic and developmental challenges being faced
as well as the solutions being promoted. Through such participation,
ABCD hopes to assist in the creation of a more prosperous environment
and future in which to live.
- Young Entrepreneurs Association (YEA): ABCD is actively
involved with the YEA in promoting the necessity for a more entrepreneurial
mindset in the Middle East. ABCD mentors several entrepreneurs
at any one time.
- Jordan Vision 2020 (JV 2020): ABCD is an active participant
in the JV 2020 process. The JV 2020 is a private sector lead economic
strategic planning process for Jordan developed through the cooperation
of over 35 business associations and other private sector entities.
- ABCD is involved with the Arab Thought Forum in addressing
a variety of developmental (social and economic) challenges.
- ABCD has been involved with several institutions of higher
education, namely the University of Philadelphia and the Yarmouk
University (Hijjawi Technical College), in addressing the role
of education in creating and sustaining a competitive Jordanian
- Club of Rome: ABCD has been involved with this international
organization to discuss and evaluate the relationship of economic
and social development and peace.
- International Donors: ABCD works with a variety of international donor agencies in Jordan, such as the European Union Funded EJADA and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded AMIR II program. ABCD’s involvement with donor agencies usually revolves around Jordan’s developmental requirements, particularly entrepreneurship, but also includes the role of civil society and more recently democratization.
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM): Principles of
ABCD have worked with the YEA on putting Jordan as a target country
of GEM and making entrepreneurship a national economic priority
with the Government of Jordan (GoJ).
- Mediterranean Development Forum (MDF): Principles of
ABCD have been involved in representing Jordan in the MDF, through
presenting papers and participating in panels discussing the role
of entrepreneurship and education as engines of national economic
development and growth.